Man found guilty of stabbing security guard outside B and M in Preston

Friday, August 29, 2025

In February we told you that a security guard had been stabbed outside B and M Bargains in Preston and we wanted to give you a significant update.

Our officers were called to the store on Carlisle Street at 12.37pm on 26th February where they found the victim had suffered a serious stab injury to his leg.

He was given life-saving first aid  by officers at the scene before being taken to hospital by our colleagues at the ambulance service. Thankfully he has since been discharged.

Following a short manhunt, 27-year-old Andrzej Mikulski was arrested by our firearms officers.

After consulting with the Crown Prosecution Service, we charged Mikulski, of no fixed address, with Section 18 wounding with intent.

Mikulski was also charged with an offence of robbery at the Market offices in Earl Street, Preston, two offences of attempted robbery at stores in Preston, three offences of possessing a knife/bladed article in a public place, two offences of theft from shops, and one offence of theft of a pedal cycle.

Following a trial at Preston Crown Court, Mikulski was found guilty of Section 18 wounding with intent on Tuesday (27th August). He had previously pleaded guilty to one attempted robbery three offences of possessing a knife/bladed article in a public place, and four offences of theft.

He was remanded back into custody to be sentenced at the same court on 20th October.

DC Alex Akers, of Preston CID, said: “Andrzej Mikulski committed a number of serious and violent offences in a short period of time. His behaviour was clearly escalating and almost resulted in a completely innocent man losing his life.

“I welcome the guilty verdict which I am sure was in no small part down to the overwhelming amount of evidence compiled by the investigation team."